Back to All Events
Help stop new pests and control the ones we have. Pest control is everyone’s business.
This free workshop will focus on BUILDING LANDHOLDER MANAGEMENT FOR WEEDS
Facilitated by our local Northern and Yorke NRM staff, this half day session will provide an overview of weed management principles and the knowledge required to plan and implement effective weed management.
Chris Brodie, SA Herbarium will cover:
· Weedy and emerging ‘ALERT’ grasses
· Buffel and needle grass
· How to get weeds identified for management purposes, bring a weed for a quick ID!
· Practical ‘pressing and recording’ plants session
Hamish Dickson, Agri Partner Consulting Principal Livestock Consultant will cover:
· Weeds in pasture identification
· Consideration of active growth period and matching livestock needs
· Nutritional value of grazing weeds and grasses
· What are the alternatives?