Who are we?
Hamish Dickson is the Principal Livestock Consultant for AgriPartner Consulting, with over 15 years experience in the agricultural industry working in roles both on-farm and off. Hamish works with organisations and clients across Australia and internationally and brings a practical approach to a strong theoretical knowledge.
He has a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with Honours, a Post Graduate Certificate in Agricultural Consulting, has undertaken training with the Australian Institute of Company Directors and is a Certified Practising Agriculturist. Hamish is President of the South Australian division of the Ag Institute of Australia as well being a trustee of the AW Howard Memorial Trust.
Hamish has specialist knowledge of ruminant nutrition and production systems. He is regularly called on as a livestock consultant to assist with advice, training and research in sheep and cattle nutrition, management and financial analysis.
Areas of Expertise
- Ruminant nutrition
- Livestock management
- Ration formulation
- Feed budgeting
- Design and management of feedlots and containment areas
- Livestock husbandry procedures
- Precision sheep management
- Group facilitation
- Workshop/conference presentation
- On-farm trials and project management
- Dickson H, Jolly S (2011) National Procedures and Guidelines for Intensive Sheep and Lamb Feeding Systems (Meat and Livestock Australia)
- Dickson H, Wallace A, Jolly S, Walkom S (2011) Prime Lamb Finishing Options; Key profit drivers for a range of finishing systems (Meat and Livestock Australia)
- Lomax, S., Dickson, H., Sheil, M. and Windsor, P. (2010), Topical anaesthesia alleviates short-term pain of castration and tail docking in lambs. Australian Veterinary Journal, 88: 67–74.
- H. Dickson, S. Lomax, P. Windsor, M. Sheil (2008). Post castration and tail docking pain alleviation in lambs. Proc. Aust. Soc. Anim. Prod. Vol. 27