Upper North Farming Systems Group annual member’s expo will be held on the 6th of August at Booleroo Centre Town Hall with registration at 9am. Highlights of the day include Kenton Porker from SARDI on Barley Varieties, Sarah Noak from Hart Field Site Group on Harvest Height and the Following Year’s Crop and Hamish Dickson from AgriPartner Consulting on Livestock Nutrition and Grazing Stubbles.
Further information can be found on the UNFS facebook page HERE
Making More from Sheep are co-funding the delivery of the Livestock Nutrition and Grazing Stubbles session, which will be delivered by Hamish Dickson, AgriPartner Consulting. At the end of the session, producers will:
- Understand nutrition principles relating to animal requirements and feed quality
- Have a clear understanding of the nutritive value of different components of stubbles
- Be able to plan grazing management and duration for stubbles
- Know how to assess feed quality
- Know how to monitor animal condition